Wednesday 19 October 2016

New subject, new medium, old technique

After having somewhat of a success with transferring my painting style to digital I decided to evaluate my recent work. While visually similar to work I like doing in order to achieve the style I was left wanting more of the freedom I love but in a digital format.

In order to achieve this I decided, instead of aiming for a digital painting that resembled the final product of my painting style, I would employ my own painting techniques and processes in a digital format and experiment. 


Dog1.psd
Digital


Original base drawing


Mixed edges to create a matte background.
(Similar effect as if applying water to pastel drawing).


Built up layers of colour focusing on areas of colour,
rather than the orignal drawing.
Final step: Drawing back into the image to add definition.




No comments:

Post a Comment